You’ve got a mind for process and organization. Timelines are built, deadlines are met, budgets go unbroken. Nothing gives a rush like a plan going off without a hitch (except maybe chocolate.) You thrive on collaboration and the idea of being an integral part of creating powerful content. You have some experience as a project manager, but your exposure to the world of branding, creative, and marketing may be minimal. It’s ok, we can bring you up to speed. The important thing is that you have a passion to learn and a willingness to adapt. Take a look at your desk. Does it look like a Bauhaus centerfold? Fantastic.
Mission is a brand marketing agency that believes great work comes from the heart, mind, and gut. This is our mantra and the cornerstone of who we are collectively. Emotive, analytical and intuitive: It’s what we do and how we do it. We exist to communicate, educate, persuade and inspire— and to make people care.
Everything we do at Mission is inspired by the convergence of creative, technology, and effectiveness. We’re a collaborative, enthusiastic, creative, kooky bunch who thrive on effectiveness, results, and cold beer. From local to international, we partner with clients in the sports, destinations & attractions, entertainment, consumer brand products, education, and non-profit industries, and the typical client relationship is retained for years.
We’re looking for new blood to grow our Project Management department. We value passion above all; candidates must want to innovate, must be a team-player, must be open to learning and working within new methodology and processes, and must leave ambivalence at the door. From brand positioning to campaign strategy, creative to digital technology, our teams work as a cohesive marketing engine and the Project Management team are the technicians who keep that engine running at top performance. Our role as an agency is central to the way brands exist, engage with, and respond to the world around them. If this excites you, then we want YOU to interview us and discover how Mission can be the perfect place for building your career in marketing.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefit options.
- Employer-paid disability coverage.
- Life insurance options.
- Retirement plan with company match.
- Generous PTO, and the other standards.
- Annual educational stipend.
- Convenient, accessible parking at our downtown office.
- A casual (and dog-friendly!) working environment (once we get back there next year)
- Work closely with Account Strategists and Associate Directors to ensure that projects are properly scoped and positioned to meet client expectations.
- Create and manage tasks within the project management system ensuring work is on track for milestone dates.
- Manage project budgets, and ensure profitability.
- Document project evolution and maintain a detailed record of job changes and the impact of those changes.
- Manage cross-department workflow with internal teams of 2-8 people.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, able to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, and effectively handle multiple projects concurrently with a cool head.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make judgment calls and solve problems independently.
- Ability to identify and manage project risk.
- Ability to learn and implement project management methodology in Mission’s unique environment.
- Print and digital background.
- General knowledge and some experience in industry best practices.
- Aesthetic sensibilities and strong attention to detail.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Certifications and post-grad degrees are NOT required and don’t really get us excited. We prefer to mold and help our talent grow through the Mission experience.
- 1-3 years project management experience in an agency or similar environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields include: communications, marketing, business, computer science, or a related field.
- Experience with project management software.
- Some experience in managing or coordinating traditional/digital marketing projects and digital development.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Confidence and poise to deal with many personality types.
- Commitment to continuous process improvements and creative solutions.
- Team player – not afraid to ‘roll up sleeves’ as needed.
- Willing to contribute to our fun, relaxed, yet hard-working culture in a currently virtual, but eventually returning to open, office setting.