You’ve got a mind for process and organization. Timelines are built, deadlines are met, budgets go unbroken. Nothing gives a rush like a plan going off without a hitch (except maybe chocolate.) You have some experience as a project manager, but your exposure to the world of design and marketing may be minimal. It’s ok, we can bring you up to speed. The important thing is that you have a passion to learn and a willingness to adapt. Take a look at your desk. Does it look like a Bauhaus centerfold? Fantastic.
We’re a collaborative, enthusiastic, creative, kooky bunch who thrive on effectiveness, results, and cold beer. From local to international, we partner with clients in the sports, arts, entertainment, education, destination, and non-profit industries and the typical client relationship is retained and well-maintained. We’re looking for new blood to grow our budding Project Management department. We value passion above all; candidates must want to innovate, must be a team-player, and must leave ambivalence at the door.
You know the spiel: we offer medical, dental, and disability coverage, a retirement plan with company matching, paid time off, and the other standards. Here’s what sets us apart: education stipends and continued growth opportunities, wicked company events, paid parking at our downtown office, casual (and dog-friendly!) working environment, and more.
- Work closely with Account Strategists and Associate Directors to ensure that projects are properly scoped and positioned to meet client expectations.
- Create and manage tasks within the project management system ensuring work is on track for milestone dates.
- Manage project budgets, and ensure profitability.
- Manage asset collection.
- Document project evolution and maintain a detailed record of job changes and the impact of those changes.
- Manage cross-department workflow with internal teams of 2-8 people.
- Review all work to ensure it aligns with strategic direction and is fully executed.
- Facilitate overall project success.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, and effectively handle multiple projects concurrently with a cool head.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make judgment calls and solve problems independently.
- Ability to identify and manage project risk.
- Ability to learn and implement project management methodology in Mission’s unique environment.
- Print and digital background.
- General knowledge and some experience in industry best practices.
- Aesthetic sensibilities and strong attention to detail.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 1-2 years project management experience in an agency or similar environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields: communications, marketing, business, computer science, or a related field.
- Experience with project management software.
- Experience in managing print, digital development, and digital marketing projects.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Confidence and poise to deal with many personality types.
- Commitment to continuous process improvements and creative solutions.
- Team player – not afraid to ‘roll up sleeves’ as needed.
- Willing to contribute to our fun, relaxed, yet hard-working culture in an open office setting.